The traffic committee interfaces with city officials in various departments to improve overall safety. Some of the accomplishments over the years have included:
- Reducing the speed on Hartwood to 25 miles an hour.
- “No Through Truck” signage on many streets, including the “Hartwood cut-through” between University Drive and Hulen, eliminating passage of trucks.
- Changing the light from Hulen onto Hartwood from the northern approach so it is a blinking yellow light instead of a long red light.
- Short term implementation of flashing indicators for speeding, and
- Working annually with Colonial Country Club for passes and traffic advisories for Tanglewood residents.