Tanglewood Neighborhood Association is a voluntary organization open to residents within the established boundaries. The purpose of this organization is to:
1. Promote better communication and neighborhood unity among residents.
2. Protect and promote the interests of residents of the area.
3. Promote the improvement and betterment of public facilities and services.
4. Promote and encourage community, civic spirit, goodwill and friendship among all residents of the area.
5. Cooperate with county and city officials and other civic and public organizations for the general welfare of residents.
Annual dues are currently $15.00. Quarterly meetings are held at Tanglewood Elementary School, 3060 Overton Park W, and are open to members and non-members. Meetings are forums for neighbors to express concerns, present ideas, and receive updates on city and/or neighborhood issues.
Volunteer block captains are established for every street. Block captains help welcome new residents, distribute association information—especially to those without email access—and encourage participation in the overall Tanglewood community.
Other volunteers participate on committees dealing with long-term issues such as traffic, development and parks, as well as short-term projects such as egret prevention. An active C.O.P. (Citizens on Patrol) team interfaces with the police department assisting in overall crime prevention. Seasonal committees put on activities such as the annual 4th of July Parade, Halloween block party, Cowtown Clean-up and Gathering for Grownups. We are ALWAYS looking for volunteers and hope you will participate. Many volunteer opportunities involve no more than a fun, one-day commitment.
Visit our website www.tanglewood-neighbors.org for information about how to:
- Join the neighborhood association.
- Identify your block captain.
- Sign up for monthly TNA email updates about neighborhood activities.
- Join “Nextdoor Tanglewood,” a neighborhood-wide, interactive online network.
- Participate in the “No Soliciting-No Handbills” – how to get a sign, report violations and help reduce door-to-door solicitations in the neighborhood.
- Find upcoming meeting dates and minutes from prior meetings.
- Learn about other projects and initiatives.
If you do not have Internet access, please contact your block captain or any Tanglewood Neighborhood Association officer. [link]
Tanglewood Neighborhood Association Contacts:
- Membership and dues: Tanglewood Treasurer
- Development and zoning: Development Committee Chair
- Crime prevention: Citizens on Patrol (C.O.P.) Chair
- Traffic and street issues: Traffic Committee Chair
- General issues/questions/concerns: President of Tanglewood NA
- To obtain a “No Soliciting” sign: www.tanglewood-neighbors.org/TNA/Compliance.html
- Trash pickup day is Wednesday. Garbage, recycling and yard waste containers must be at the curb by 7 a.m. but may be placed as early as 6 p.m. the night before. Carts must be brought back from the curb by midnight on your pickup day and stored out of view from the street.
- Every fourth Monday of the month you may put out bulk trash items at the curb. If set out correctly, they will be picked up between Monday and Saturday. For more information about City of Fort Worth waste disposal, visit: www.fortworthtexas.gov/solidwaste/ or call 817-392-EASY (3279)
- To report damage or outages to city street lights, traffic lights or traffic signs call 817-392-8100 or make an online report at http://fortworthtexas.gov/tpw/services/
- To report an electric outage or downed power line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: Oncor 1-888-313-4747
- For questions about tap water service, quality, pressure, billing, watering days and restrictions or to report an outage or water main break: City of Fort Worth Water Dept. 817-392-4477
- We are in the City of Fort Worth Council District 3. Our City Council representative is Brian Byrd. Phone: 817-392-8803; E-mail: District3@fortworthtexas.gov
- Voting for residents north of Bellaire Drive is usually at Tanglewood Elementary School. Voting for residents south of Bellaire varies by election. Check https://voterlookup.tarrantcounty.com/
TNA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TNA Mailing Address
P.O. Box 101502
Fort Worth, TX 76185-1102